Questions about RCON...

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Hey, just stumbled upon this through google.  I'm a .NET developer and pretty much hate the BF3 web interface and wanted to create a WPF version.  Can you please explain to me what this RCON library you created does? Seems pretty massive and there is little to no documentation on it.  I'm wondering if its an api to make calls against their Restful web services..?

I'm not sure how they handle their messaging in their browser but it doesnt work for me and my friends. We can never join a battle together and I'm thinking its because they are trying to use web sockets for full duplex communication and some browsers dont support that yet... im not sure.. i havent inspected the code much yet but I'm wondering if its not working because of the mix matches in technology between browsers.  But I would imagine with the amount of money they have for development they would have this covered for their menu system to work in all browsers... by implementing some kind of reverse ajax.  But when I try to invite my party to a server it just sits there and my friends never get the invite.  Its pretty bad.. so, I wanted to re-write the whole thing in wpf.. specifically just for party joins... so that me and my friends can play together and maybe fix it for other people out there with the same problems.

Thanks,

Evan Larsen

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Sadly, this library is for sending command and receiving events between another server, not communicating with BattleLog :\

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:11 AM

@evanlarsen

I have already made  BF3 Server Browser. Are you interested in collaborationg? Its written in C# using WPF for the UI. Please email me: jeremychild@gmail.com

@Timiz0r

Would it be ok If i use BF3Rcon in my server browser?

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:10 PM

I would love to see you use it :D.

As for WPF, I was considering having PlayerCollection implement INotifyCollectionChanged and have Player implement INotifyPropertyChanged. It will take some work to figure out how I'm going to implement INotifyCollectionChanged though.